Thursday, July 30, 2009

Udate on Complaining

I have to share with those who read my previous post about Avery's struggle with complaining. On the way home from Grandma Ginny's house (the day in which on the way to Grandma's house she said, "this is breaking my life"), she started to complain and I reminded her, yet again, that complaining is not allowed. Instead, we started singing the song "Rejoice in the Lord Always", taken from Philippians 4:4. She sang it the whole way home.

Yesterday we went to the coast for a day trip with all of our family who are in town visiting (from San Diego and Chicago). It was just the four of us in the car on the way over and Avery said to her daddy, "Daddy, do you want to know the lesson I learned?" Of course he did! She explained, "Not to complain! Last night in the car, Mommy reminded me not to complain and I didn't the whole way home!" We were shocked at the statement. I explained to her that instead of complaining, she sang God's Word about rejoicing and He gave her a joyful heart. It's hard to complain while you're rejoicing in the Lord! The four of us had a wonderful day at the beach and I give the credit to the Lord - placing in us a heart of rejoicing. It's amazing what God is able to do in our lives when we let Him!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! That's very encouraging and you should be encouraged that God is blessing your consistency in parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Erin! You're such a good mommy! And don't those moments just make it all worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lesson well learned! What a joy she is turning out to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last comment was from me, I didn't realize Russ was signed in! But he whole-heartedly agrees with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that she is starting to understand! You are doing so great being a mom and such a huge encouragement to me! Always going to God's word and then teaching it to her !

    ReplyDelete