Saturday, July 11, 2009

Anniversary Celebration

So Rich had a wonderful getaway planned for our 9th anniversary. We started by having lunch at a very fancy golf course called The Reserve. He's golfed with a friend there before and had been wanting to take me there for lunch sometime. It took a while to get there, but it was worth it! It was a beautiful day and so peaceful - not typical for my lunchtime with the girls! I could have spent the whole afternoon there.
We checked into our hotel and then walked around town for a while. We had eaten a really late lunch, so we just decided to skip dinner and go straight to desert! We walked all the way to the Pearl District of Portland from our hotel. Rich knew it would be quite a walk, but it ended up being over 20 blocks, mainly uphill! I definitely felt that I had the freedom to order anything off that menu! We went to a popular desert spot, Papa Haydn.


We had breakfast and coffee at the nearby Starbucks at Pioneer Courthouse Square. I love it there!!The hotel we stayed at is called The Nines. It's in a historic building that's recently been remodeled into a swanky, artistic hotel. The bottom floors are Macy's and the top ones belong to the hotel. Kind of cool! This is a view of our hotel from the Starbucks we were at. I had a wonderful time with Rich! As I said in my last post, time together is so important. Since we went over a week ago, I have hardly seen him! It is so hard to get time alone, but when we make the time, it's so great! We have so much fun together. As we sat at Starbucks, we decided we'd try to do a similar trip next year, too. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you two had a wonderful time! What a special chance to get away with the one you love!

    ReplyDelete