Friday, September 11, 2009

Psalm 4:7-8

I've been reading in Hebrews the last few days and maybe I'm the only one, but that book is hard for me to follow! I needed to supplement a little, so I decided to start the Psalms again. I stumbled upon a nugget that I've been going back to the last couple of days.

Psalm 4:7-8 says, "You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that their grain and wine increased. I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."

Did you catch that part right in the middle? God promises that the gladness He gives us is better than what the world can offer us - "more than in the season that their grain and wine increased." We can make more money, prosper here on earth, and "feel" safe in the security of a good job or steady income, but it is HE alone that can "make me dwell in safety."

Lord, Your Word is always enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment