Monday, May 25, 2009

Great is His Faithfulness!

I went to my parents' church and shared one of my favorite songs with the congregation yesterday. I have sung it at my church more than once over the years, and have recorded for a short cd we gave our women at a retreat a few years ago. It's a song by Sara Groves called, "He's Always Been Faithful To Me". Unfortunately, I never sing it without crying at the end! Each time I sing it, I think, "Just don't think about the words too much and get through the end without crying." But then I'm up in front of people and want to portray what I'm singing, and it happens every time. Luckily, this time I gathered myself together and was able to finish the song. Last time I blubbered through the end with tears in my eyes. A bit embarrassing...

The first verse goes, "Morning by morning, I wake up to find the power and comfort of God's hand in mine. Season by season, I watch Him amazed; in awe of the mystery of His perfect ways. All I have need of His hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me."

I've recently been hurt by some old friends and am reminded of how sensitive "girls" are - even grown up girls! Thank the Lord that I'm surrounded now by women who love Him and truly love me - warts especially!!! Connie, you are such a constant in my life and I just don't know what I'd do without you!!! Other ladies who are so precious to me have been praying, crying, and laughing with me all through marriage and motherhood.

These are wonderful friends to have in life, however, I'm reminded of the only truly Faithful One. The second verse of the song states, "I can't remember a trial or a pain He did not recycle to bring me gain. I can't remember one single regret in serving God only and trusting His hand. All I have need, of His hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me."

The final verse (and the part where I always start to cry) says, "This is my anthem, this is my song; the theme of the stories I've heard for so long: God has been faithful. He will be again; His loving compassion, it knows no end. All I have need of, His hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me."

'Nuff said! :)

3 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful post! Thanks for being so transparant and sharing that withi us all! Such a good reminder that He is so faithful! Especially during those times when life can be lonely or a trial...He is always there! Thank you Lord! ANd you are so blessed with a beautiful voice to sing with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sista! I, too, can relate to the "friends" thing, but you are right, there is only One who doesn't disappoint. He will never hurt us or let us down!! I know I have to be so careful that I try to keep all expectations out of any earthly relationships, because most likely, at some point, my expectations will be unmet. But we can expect amazing and great things from God and feel BLESSED that He brings other people into our lives to minister to and be ministered by!

    I know Billy and I are feeling SO BLESSED to have been brought to Salem Heights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Erin! And He is SO faithful.

    ReplyDelete