Friday, May 29, 2009

The Good Life

God's goodness astounds me. Life is good. My husband is wonderful. My friends are great. My kids are hilarious!

A few days ago, Allie said to me, "Mommy, can you do me a favor? I need you to pick up the toys." Since then, she's heard me repeat that funny anecdote several times and now thinks it's funny to keep saying it, as if every time is the first. Kids will try a joke over and over if it was funny the first time!

Avery finally got up the nerve to run through the sprinkler yesterday. She kept saying she wasn't brave enough. I reminded her of David and Goliath and that made a lot of sense. She said, "Yeah, it's like the sprinkler is a giant and I can be brave like David!" I love that my five year-old is so sheltered that the sprinkler is a giant to her. Can I please keep her like this? Once she conquered her fear, she couldn't stop exclaiming, "This is AWESOME!". She tried to get her neighbor friend who was peering over the fence to watch her, but she couldn't retain her audience - evidently the neighbor wasn't as impressed as Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment