Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hummus Recap


The first step on my hummus recipe was to saute two large sweet onions for 30-40 minutes. I just didn't have the time this week for any extra cooking adventures, so I just now got to it today. Did you catch the amount of onion the recipe called for? Two large ones. And I combined it with only 1 can of garbanzo beans. That's a whole lot of onions with not a whole lot of beans. It also called for quite a bit of lemon juice, garlic, and the famous tahini. I don't even have a food processor, so I had to use my blender. So, it was a hassle to make and in the end, I didn't love the result. I liked it pretty well, but it wasn't any better than the yummy store-bought stuff. So there's my verdict: I'm probably sticking with the no-effort, cheaper version!

No comments:

Post a Comment