Monday, November 2, 2009

"Initial Inspirations"

That's what Connie came up for as a name for my little initial charms I've been making - "Initial Inspirations". Catchy, huh? So, I didn't come up with this craft on my own. I saw a friend's jewelry who had copied something she had seen and I just loved it. She was kind enough to show me how to make my own, and then I shared the love. I got the supplies and started making the charms for friends, or having them over and helping them do it themselves. Since then, so many people have noticed and admired the cute little things, that my friends encouraged me to do a booth at a holiday fair this year. I don't pretend to be any craft genius, but I think practice and a bit of an artistic eye (at least interest) has brought me to a place where I've got a good assortment of a lot of cute little charms. So this Saturday, Nov. 7th at Pringle Elementary school here in South Salem, I'm sharing a booth with my pal-of-all-pals, Connie Libby. Everyone knows what kind of beautiful bags she makes! She will be selling some other adorable things as well. She has a ton of these cute little Posy pins that are made out of various coordinating fabrics that I just know are going to sell like hotcakes! Plus makeup bags and coin purses, as well as handbags and totes. So, our booth will have quite an assortment of pretty items - I don't think anyone will need to go to any other booth! :) Here are a few pictures of a very small sample of what I'm making. I'll also be selling a few different kinds of chains.

These are the charms I've been wearing recently. Both of my daughters' names start with "A", thus the initial.

This is a sample of the small flower that I make. I think it's so cute on a little girl! This isn't the best picture, but you get the idea!

This is Avery's necklace on her. The focus didn't work to well, but you can see it's so cute on her!

I admit I'm a bit apprehensive about actually trying to sell these. I really wouldn't be doing it if I hadn't been encouraged from many of you that people really do like these and will want to buy them. We'll see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. Erin, they are so pretty and I know they will sell like crazy too! I'm happy you like my name enough to post it on your blog! I can't wait for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look soo good! I can't wait to see what you've done at the craft fair on Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete