Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thank Goodness!

Thank goodness the school year is almost over! I don't really mean that to say that it has, in any way, been a hard school year. Avery has had a wonderful year with an awesome teacher. Her teacher is my parents' age, has been doing this forever (starting with homeschooling her own kids and then running a small private school with her husband), and loves the Lord. Not to mention that she seriously knows what she's doing when she's teaching kids to read. No, Avery's had a great year. I just can't wait to have her home!

Don't worry. I'm not delusional. I understand that having her home means that I will be donning my "referee" jersey full-time again. But I just plain miss her! It just seems too soon for her to be gone from me all day! So I'm going to drink in the summer of having my delightful, funny (her teacher just commented to me the other day how great Avery's sense of humor is), active 7 year-old with me all day. And seriously consider never letting her go back to school again...

Growing up, my mom always took us out to breakfast on the first day of summer vacation. I plan to carry on the tradition with my kiddos. Do you have any similar traditions you remember as a kid or that you do now as a family?

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about that tradition of breakfast- so glad you are continuing it!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete